Extension of Deadline for Sending Photos to the Second International Photography Competition “Intangible Cultural Heritage and Youth”
By Tehran ICH Centre
According to the Secretariat of the Second International Photography Competition of the Tehran ICH Center, the deadline for sending photos has been extended up to 30 March 2019.
Interested participants are encouraged to see the examples presented in our second call and submit their photos to the Secretariat via the following link: http://www.tichct.ir/photocompetition
- Dr. Bahman Namvar Motalagh (Iran): Assistant Secretary General for Research and Head of the Culture Department, Iranian National Commission for UNESCO, photographer, author and university Professor;
- Babak Sedighi (Iran): Visual anthropological photographer, researcher and documentary photographer;
- Saeed Mahmoudi Aznaveh (Iran): Iranist photographer; member of Board of Founders and vice-CEO of the Association of Cultural Heritage Photographers, author and university professor;
- Tatev Mnataskanyan (Armenia): Artist, Photographer and designer;
- Tarek Charara (Lebanon): Photographer, author and documentary maker.
The above-mentioned jurors will review and evaluate the photos sent to the Secretariat. This Competition will be free for all age groups.
Remembering that The Regional Research Centre for Safeguarding Intangible Cultural Heritage in West and Central Asia, Under the Auspices of UNESCO (Tehran ICH Centre) works towards achieving the following goals in the west and central Asian region:
– to promote the Convention for the Safeguarding of the Intangible Cultural Heritage (ICH) – known as the 2003 Convention – and its implementation in west and central Asia;
- to promote public awareness and expert capacities in the field of Intangible Cultural Heritage;
- to strengthen capacities and cooperation in the region for identifying, inventorying documenting and studying Intangible Cultural Heritage to contribute to its safeguarding;
- to promote peace, friendship and synergy in the region;
Tehran ICH Center intends to publish the final selected photos in the frame of a photo book. Besides, they will be showcased in an exhibition.
The following prizes will be awarded to the winners of the competition:
Winner of the first prize: Certificate of Appreciation and 1,000 USD
Winner of the second prize: Certificate of Appreciation and 600 USD
Winner of the third prize: Certificate of Appreciation and 400 USD
The winners of the 4th to 8th ranks will awarded Certificate of Appreciation.